Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Expect the unexpected

November 12, 2013

My heart goes out to those in the Philippines and to all those that have been affected by such a tragedy. It's so heart breaking to see such pain and destruction in a place that is already struggling from so much. I pray that this event will open the eyes of those who have yet not seen and change the hearts of those who have yet not believe to see the hope that The Lord our Savior has to offer. And for those that are concerned, at the moment the typhoon is not expected to hit Thailand.

Also I apologized  for being away for so long. I have been settling in and have been busy trying to get more involved within the church ministry here. I have found a place to stay that is right across the street from the church. It is a brand new apartment complex that was built only a few months before I arrived and it's within walking distance from church. So I have been busy moving into that place as well. Though the place I'm staying at is fairly safe with 24 security, please still pray for my safety cause I will still be staying by myself.

Another reason I haven't blogged recently is because I didn't know what to write about. I really didn't think I had anything to share about since the last time I wrote, but now I do. I wasn't sure how personal I would want this blog to get and not sure if I was willing to be vulnerable enough to let others know of my struggles. It's easy to let others share in your triumphs and highs, but it's a different story when it comes to sharing the hardships. But after talking to some people and really focusing my attention to God's voice in this matter, I realized that the hardships are what brings people together, it's in these times that countries come together and it's in these times when people start to pray.

In my first post I said that I didn't expect much from Thailand and a friend suggested that I expect more from this experience. Let me explain why I didn't expect anything much from Thailand. I came to Thailand on a leap of faith and a calling from God. Typically I plan everything up to the reason why I do anything I do. That was not God's plan for me. I want to expect that I will be changed from the inside out, I want to expect to be a better leader, I want to expect so much more from life than God's plan for me. But who am I to expected anything from The One who sent me, who am I to ask anything from The Almighty? I'm no one! I'm human! And most of all I'm a sinner! I don't expected any of these things from The Lord because of His love and mercy I already have all of these things, but it's all in the timing of The Lord. These are already planned for me and it's just a matter of when God wants to grant these things to me. So if you want to say I expect anything, I do, I expected a lot, but I don't expect any of it cause God already gave me everything I could ever ask for and so much more. I just need to be patient and keep my eyes and heart open to His plan.

I only came to realize this not to long ago. Since I landed here in Thailand all I did was expect God to change me, to show me His plan for me, to use me, and so on and so on. But I forgot to think that this is not my trip, it's His. Isaiah 55:8-9 says "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares The Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." God has a much bigger plan for me, a plan that I can't see YET! But I'm here faithfully and willing to serve. I am here to surrender my life and all my plans and expectations to Him. Even though I am weak, even though I miss home, or even when I'm being eaten alive by bugs I know that I will want to quite, but I trust that all that I am going through physically, mentally and spiritually is not done in vain. It is done to give me perseverance so I can continue the fight for His Kingdom that not only I may praise and glorify Him but so that everyone can.

So this is my confession, I'm surrendering all I have, all my thoughts and my soul to Christ so that He may use me to make disciples of all nations, to spread the good news, to be the salt and the light that shines for Him. And I am asking all of you to keep me accountable and to continue to encourage me through prayer and fellowship. It is the job that has been given to us as Christians so that all sinners can experience what the love of God feels like.

No comments:

Post a Comment