Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Finish Well

So here we are....coming to the end of this year long journey...all I can say is bittersweet....


As much as I want to go home and see my friends, family, and my DOGS I can't deny the fact that I will miss my new family here in Thailand. This might be my final post in Thailand and that is really hard to say at the moment.

This is the final week of teaching me and the interns who are staying here. Every step as been a learning experience and I am so grateful for all of it. I honestly can say that I don't regret a single thing I did here. But if you were to ask me if I did everything that God wanted me to do, I will have to get back to you on that. All I can say is that I didn't do a single thing that I wanted to do while in Thailand. What I mean by that is that all the things I wanted to learn to do here in Thailand I didn't learn, such as being able to read Thai, or be able to make Thai desserts, or even drive on the crazy roads here. However, spiritually I have grown and learned so much from almost a year ago.

These last few weeks have just been packed with events and outings. However, I'll just mention the most recent one since it is fresh in my mind. This past Sunday we had an opportunity to work with another church and a medical team to provide for the local Wat Fang community. We had a chance to evangelize and just shine God's love to those in need of it including some monks. This event reminded me of what my original plan for life was and how it has changed in the recent years.

Since I was a little girl I have always wanted to be a doctor and do medical missions and just be able to help people. And to me this was the way that I thought would make the most impact on someone's life so I made this my goal. Up until recent years where I took a biology class in college and failed miserably. It was safe to say that medical school was definitely not in my future haha...And then I somehow ended up falling in love with philosophy and never turned back to my original plan.

Through the entire process of finding what GOD'S plan was I learned that medical missions was not the only way to make an impact on someone's life. And I think that this team did a great job at letting God's love shine through it's workers. There are so many ways to make an impact and throughout this journey for me it really has been just being able to love others like God loved us. We love because He first loved us and sometimes that includes tough love. Being able to tell someone that they are doing something wrong is so hard to do and what's harder is to continue to love them after they have yelled at you, after they have ignored you, and even after they have lost all respect for you. And I think that this is just one of the many ways to continue making an impact on someone's life, to not give up on them even when they have hurt you. Jesus didn't give up on us as we were persecuting him, so it is our duty as children of Christ to not give up on our fellow brothers and sisters.

And I wrap up the last few weeks I have here in Thailand I will not give up on my mission here. whatever that may consist of, but I will always continue to love the thai people. They have really became another family to me and I am just completely and utterly amazed at what God is doing here. Please continue to pray for me as I start packing up life here in Thailand and please continue to pray for the body of Christ here in Thailand as there is still much work to be done. Pray that they continue to grow spiritually, that one day Thailand can be used as a country that serves God.

Thank you for all the support that I have gotten throughout this trip, I am grateful for everything that has been given to me throughout all of it. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment